Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Converting 84' 5.0 Front end to 87' or 89' Style

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Converting 84' 5.0 Front end to 87' or 89' Style
5.0JerM
¯
Member # 5149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0JerM  Ford pictures for 5.0JerM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wassup fellas...I'm new to this car stuff and I got a question about my 84' front end. What do I need to convert my 84' front end that has the 4 sunk in headlights into an 87' or 89' front end style that has the headlights that stick out and are flush with the bumper?? Do I need to do some re-wiring or any compicated stuff or is it pretty basic. Someone please help me out. THanks!!

JeRm

--------------------
1987 Black Notchback (I'm back!)
1989 White Notchback (4cyl-V8 conversion) R.I.P
1990 Blue Notchback (orginal 5.0) Sold
1996 Saturn SL2 R.I.P

Shok
¯
Member # 3174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shok  Ford pictures for Shok    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you search on foureyedpride.com you can find details about the swap, but if you mention what you are planning get ready to be flamed.
my suggestion is to check out that site to see some nice foureyed stangs and see what potential your car has, if after that you still want the aero nose then good luck. I think you will need to rewire the headlights a bit and change all the side moldings so it matches the front end if you do the swap. Not very complicated stuff from what I understand. This thread will prolly show up on the other site and then people will post here trying to change your mind, but its your car.
do you have any pics of the car? just curious

Posts: 135 | From: salinas, california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
5.0JerM
¯
Member # 5149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0JerM  Ford pictures for 5.0JerM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no I don't actually....but thanks for your help....yeah I'm not planning on doing big things to it anyways.

--------------------
1996 Saturn SL2 R.I.P

SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***
¯
Member # 2978

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***  Ford pictures for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the late model front end will bolt right on all you need in the wireing are the lat modle light plugs just re wire them very easy

--------------------
MM PERFORMANCE
916-993-9581

Posts: 861 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
5.0JerM
¯
Member # 5149

Well I'm probably going to buy the front nose from this one guy on here. he says he has the wiring harness nicley cut from a parts car,a good bumper cover and a fair set of headlights and a headlight support. Is this all I'm going to need....Thanks alot for all your help guys....Hey Shok...I tried searching on that website but couldn't find anything. Thanks anyways!!

--------------------
1996 Saturn SL2 R.I.P

marc
¯
Member # 4238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for marc  Ford pictures for marc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOOD!!!!
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.4eyedpride.com

ask there [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
G.O.P 351
¯
Member # 6121

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for G.O.P 351  Ford pictures for G.O.P 351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if anything, upgrade the 84 front clip to an 85-86. keep the 4 eyed front end...it is way sicker to a see a clean ass 4-eyed stang.

ive had 5 foxbody's including a 93 Cobra...and to date my old 86 T-top was my favorite. don't be a clone, keep the 4 eyed front end.

haulinassmaro's 86 GT is one of the sickest cars around..and he races it ON THE STREET [worship]

--------------------
Who knows KingTom's Backroads?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com