Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Battery relocation kit

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Battery relocation kit
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought summits battery relocation kit. It came with 20ft of positive cable but only 3 feet of negative. I was told that there isn't a good enough ground in the rear. Should I go to a local car parts place and pick up a longer cable or is there a good ground in the rear?

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ground it to where the quad shock connects in the rear.

--------------------
Support our troops!

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would use welding wire instead of the wire that comes with the kit also because its more flexible and has more strands to it so it works a litle better. You could ground it to the quad shock, but i would just run the ground back up to the front of the car to eliminate the possibility of any problems

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did mine to the floor of the trunk and just made sure to take off all the paint. I Have no problems at all.
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the suggestions

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is NOOOO point to run it back to the front. Ground it to the quad shock bolt.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8louzn  Ford pictures for h8louzn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I second that. ran mine there for 5 years never a problem!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com