Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Whats the difference on a T5 from an 89 and 92?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats the difference on a T5 from an 89 and 92?
ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the difference on a T5 from an 89 and 92?
tia-

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Torque Capacity
Gears may be different

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i believe the gearing is different. My friend blew the tranny up in his 89 so i gave him my 92 and his speedo was way off after installing it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First gear is lower geared before 91 t5's,91 they started using the Heavy duty T5 "worldclass" and the first and second gear are closer together. The shaft where the throwout bearing slides back and forth was aluminum on the pre 91 t5's and would wear over time causing the clutch to hang up on the lip that was created. This happened to me in my 65 on an early t5,I had to have it sanded smooth,but then the tranny blew the syncros so i just upgraded to the 91 wc t5. this throw out bearing shaft was upgraded to steel in the 91's. There is a couple other differences but i can't remember.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com