Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 125 ad 150 shot

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 125 ad 150 shot
TURLX50
¯
Member # 3928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURLX50  Ford pictures for TURLX50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the most i can run safly on a stock 5.0 motor it has a ecam and cobra intake and 24# with a stock fuel pump???? im runnin a 100shot now what do you guys think...
Posts: 304 | From: WALNUT CREEK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends on how often u r going to squeeze..150 is all good if not used daily
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you really need a bigger fuel pump

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and some bigger heads
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
88blackstanggt
¯
Member # 4654

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88blackstanggt  Ford pictures for 88blackstanggt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont use too much and blow that motor

--------------------
2001 lightning all stock
1991 gt all stock
2005 kawasaki zx10r

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Something may break with that much extra HP (150) because you have a stock block. BUT- I hear people running 125-150 with the stock bottom end and have no problems. I think you just need to upgrade your fuel system and give it a... shot.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
NvrEnough89GT
¯
Member # 5086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrEnough89GT  Ford pictures for NvrEnough89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im currious to know if you have a stock tranny? If so how long have you ran that set up. [patriot]

--------------------
89 LX

Posts: 224 | From: Union City Ca | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
TURLX50
¯
Member # 3928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURLX50  Ford pictures for TURLX50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya im still on the stock tranny. what can that trany hold???
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
definitely upgrade the fuel system.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

TURLX50
¯
Member # 3928

well what else besides a fuel pump?
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what type of N20 system are you runnin'? If it's a wet kit, you are good to go right now. Run 150 all day. Won't (theoretically) have to upgrade anything. These kits are jetted for both N20 and extra fuel. If it's dry, then what they all said...upgrade your fuel pump ,lines,filters, etc. Your 24# injecters will be fine. Take into account the age of the movable components, gaskets,etc of your motor. Horsepower up, reliability down and visa versa. Get a good tune(timing,AF ratio), use good gas, get a fuel pressure safety switch(must). Stock tranny and clutch wwill take a beatin', but they'll work. I'd just use what ya have until(if) they fail. Do your homework and all of those horror stories will be that,only stories. I ran a 150 NX wet shot for 2 years on my stock 2000gt, ran like a champ and NEVER had a problem. I've been around alot of nitrous cars and have never seen a catastrophic failure. Not to say they don't happen, but the kits today are so safe and advacnced. I know this is long, but I want you to use that 150 and be able to sleep at night. The 150 is a MUCH harder hit than the 100...and much more fun. Enjoy. rik

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
TURLX50
¯
Member # 3928

yes i cant wait and ya i am using a wet kit now i just gotta get a new clutch my old one slips when i hit the little button now oh well thatns for all the info...
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra04:
Depends on what type of N20 system are you runnin'? If it's a wet kit, you are good to go right now. Run 150 all day. Won't (theoretically) have to upgrade anything. These kits are jetted for both N20 and extra fuel. If it's dry, then what they all said...upgrade your fuel pump ,lines,filters, etc. Your 24# injecters will be fine. Take into account the age of the movable components, gaskets,etc of your motor. Horsepower up, reliability down and visa versa. Get a good tune(timing,AF ratio), use good gas, get a fuel pressure safety switch(must). Stock tranny and clutch wwill take a beatin', but they'll work. I'd just use what ya have until(if) they fail. Do your homework and all of those horror stories will be that,only stories. I ran a 150 NX wet shot for 2 years on my stock 2000gt, ran like a champ and NEVER had a problem. I've been around alot of nitrous cars and have never seen a catastrophic failure. Not to say they don't happen, but the kits today are so safe and advacnced. I know this is long, but I want you to use that 150 and be able to sleep at night. The 150 is a MUCH harder hit than the 100...and much more fun. Enjoy. rik

what he said. I had a wet kit on my 02, the only thing you need to do is close the gap on your plugs a little. and dont leave you blanket on with the valve closed, thats how i put 4 holes in my block.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

GT_R
¯
Member # 4941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT_R  Ford pictures for GT_R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MINGRYGT:
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra04:

what he said. I had a wet kit on my 02, the only thing you need to do is close the gap on your plugs a little. and dont leave you blanket on with the valve closed, thats how i put 4 holes in my block.
looking to buy a wet kit for my 04 GT what the part # for the NX kit?

[ December 11, 2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: fobra_R ]

--------------------
--Bottle not required--

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com