Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » QUESTION ON CRATE MOTOR

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: QUESTION ON CRATE MOTOR
MAJIK88
¯
Member # 4624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAJIK88  Ford pictures for MAJIK88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a crate motor on a stang and having surging problems with the idle I do have the plate on the throttle body to adjust it... but it still semms to ruge a little bit. I have a crate motor with gt 40 heads and e cam stock intake, and 19lb injectors do I need to get bigger injectors for the motor to get more gas to the engine...
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car needs to be tuned correctly. Throwing more fuel at it isn't going to fix the problem.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
MAJIK88
¯
Member # 4624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAJIK88  Ford pictures for MAJIK88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you know someone who can tune it or a shop?
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats a pretty simple setup and you should be able to get it to run correctly without a chip. Since you have 19lb injectors I'm assuming you have the stock mass air meter? Whats your fuel pressure and timing look like? Have you tried the idle reset procedure and cleaning the IAC valve yet?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
E cam. Not easy to tame the idle w/ those w/out electronic intervention.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
E cam. Not easy to tame the idle w/ those w/out electronic intervention.

800rpm and idles beautiful here

no tricks, i actually have the same crate motor, just with a holley intake and other supporting parts, no idle plate either

just runs like crap, but idles great [Razz]

check for vacuum leaks

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call the guys at serramonte ford

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com