Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEED HELP A.S.A.P.........

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP A.S.A.P.........
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Posting for a friend.

A buddy of mine just changed a Clutch. He assumes he did everything correctly, dubble checked the throwout berring, alligned the clutch. The problem is. He can not get the Tranny in the bell-housing all the way, thier is approx 1/4 inch of a gap. He says nothing is bent, everything looks good on both ends. WTF could be wrong.

BTW, its a 90 Stang 5.0

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was the clutch aligned with an alignment tool

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Usually you have to step on the clutch to get it to full seat - though quarter inch is pretty damn close. I'd be tempted to just slowly tighten the bolts in a alternating fashing. Just start with a really short wrench so that you can't produce enough torque to bend anything.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the clutched hooked up? if so get in the car and slowly push the clutch in and then get underneath the car and push the tranny in the rest of the way.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The clutch is DEFFITNLEY alligned.

I'll try to push in the clutch and i'll be back and let you know haw it goes THANKS ALOT for the quick help. [worship] [patriot] [patriot]

PS John call me (650) 576-6495

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9lbpony:
though quarter inch is pretty damn close. I'd be tempted to just slowly tighten the bolts in a alternating fashing. Just start with a really short wrench so that you can't produce enough torque to bend anything.

i've done this b4 go slow an work all corners evenly. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

GOTULKN
¯
Member # 4933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOTULKN  Ford pictures for GOTULKN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
before you do that... just double check the pilot bushing....all pins in place.... Just my two cents

--------------------
Happiness is being stroked and blown

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

He pushed in the the clutch pedal........ and IT WENT RIGHT IN.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. We woud be F@#KED with out you guys.

[worship] [worship] [worship] [patriot]

Yo John, call me...

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Check PM

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com