Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tune ? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tune ?
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im gettin the pi swap done in a couple months. and i will need a tune. what are some prices? websites wont help they dont post prices.
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM sent! [burnout]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We post prices.. $300 plus parts. With a money back guarantee.. If you dont like the way it runs, we put it back the way you brought it in..

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
We post prices.. $300 plus parts. With a money back guarantee.. If you dont like the way it runs, we put it back the way you brought it in..

What is plus parts? What if I brought you a car that needed tuning and that was it? No other parts are to be installed.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what other parts would be needed?
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need a chip, we dont have LS1's

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Jeff S has the best price so far! i will probably go with him when i get the cash. has anyone got a tune from him?
THE PUNISHER
¯
Member # 4333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE PUNISHER  Ford pictures for THE PUNISHER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff tuned my car, he did a good job; it hauls ass. Ask my victims from speed inc, elite f-bodies, and/or the non-paying president of south bay stangs.
-David

gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff S.,how much do you charge for tune?
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

sup man?

how ya been? jeff s gave me a quote for 500 bucks with a custom chip. hows the 5.0? havent seen ya guys in awhile. might have to stop by sometime. later...

glenn [patriot]

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gt40:
Jeff S.,how much do you charge for tune?

A chip is $300. Dyno time is $100/hr and tuning is $100 the first hour and $50 each additional hour. Most cars take about 1 hour depending on what the customer wants.

--------------------

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

hey jeff, ya think my GT will make some good #'s after the tuning is done with my PI swap and the mods in my sig?
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue97GT:
hey jeff, ya think my GT will make some good #'s after the tuning is done with my PI swap and the mods in my sig?

250-260rwhp with all your mods and the PI swap...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

cool...MUCH better! than what i have now!
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue97GT:

250-260rwhp with all your mods and the PI swap...
Sounds about right.

--------------------

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher:
Jeff tuned my car, he did a good job; it hauls ass. Ask my victims from speed inc, elite f-bodies, and/or the non-paying president of south bay stangs.
-David

so if jeff tunes my brothers car, will he smoke you then...

[ November 14, 2004, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: onesicklx ]

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Dstyle001982
Member # 2424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dstyle001982  Ford pictures for Dstyle001982    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff, I just installed a Vortech V2-SQ on my car and the chip it came with is causing my anti-theft light to come on. Is there anyway to turn off the anti-theft system? Will you be able to install the SCT chip without encountering the same problem? How much will it cost for me to get my car tuned? I need to do this by tuesday of this next week. I'm also thinking about going to dynolabs to get this done. Thanks for the help
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by Dstyle001982:
Jeff, I just installed a Vortech V2-SQ on my car and the chip it came with is causing my anti-theft light to come on. Is there anyway to turn off the anti-theft system? Will you be able to install the SCT chip without encountering the same problem? How much will it cost for me to get my car tuned? I need to do this by tuesday of this next week. I'm also thinking about going to dynolabs to get this done. Thanks for the help

PM sent!

[burnout]

--------------------

gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff, where is your shop? What kind of chip?Autologic or Superchips?Is data logging included on the price?

--------------------
gt40

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Jeff, where is your shop? What kind of chip?Autologic or Superchips?Is data logging included on the price?

I am in San Jose and I use the SCT software for tuning. I datalog all cars while tuning.

--------------------

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

jeff you have the best prices so far. i jus found out that "The Punisher" got his car tuned by you. so i will give you a callin a few months. thanks!
gt40
¯
Member # 3587

What is the name of your shop? What kind of dyno do you have?What is your shop phone number?
GradGT
¯
Member # 3910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GradGT  Ford pictures for GradGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what about if you tune it and it explodes? does anyone offer a guarentee on that?
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
What is the name of your shop? What kind of dyno do you have?What is your shop phone number?

I currently work under my own name since tuning is just a sidejob for me. I have a shop in Santa Clara and I work with Mustang Ranch using their DynoJet. You can reach me on my cell phone at 408-623-2373 if you need anything.

--------------------

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jeff S where is your dyno shop located? I will be needing dyno time soon when I get my 347 back on the road. I used to go to a dumb local import dyno shop for dynos. I figure at least with a stung dude I can get some feedback. Thanks

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com