Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Another vibrations thread

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Another vibrations thread
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay, so the TKO 500 is in, car is running again.

I re-used my centerforce DF clutch, and didn't resurface the fly, but marked everything (FW,press plate, and friction disk) and re-installed it (did this to weld in the scattershield bolts). I think the vibration is driveline related, because that is the one thing I didnt mark, and it only happens @65-70mph. The side-to-side angle of the driveline might be out a little since I had to modify the crossmember and trans mount alittle (elongated the holes and slots).

Also, the clutch needed to be adjusted, it is right off the floor with engagement in 1st, but under boost when power really comes on, 3rd and 4th slip alittle, so I backed the adjustment off thinking the pressure plate was still under tension, did this 3 times or so. Its not bad, but still needs adjustment, and the thing is the more I back it off the harder it is to get it into 1st and 2nd. Somebody throw me a bone here, the clutch only has maybe 5k miles on it and the flywheel was resurfaced at that time. Maybe some grease got on the clutch when I stabbed it.

The vibration is my biggest concern at the moment though. Somebody shed some light for me. Thanx -Rob

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When my car(s) have done that to me in the past at about 60-70mph I have always replaced the driveshaft. Fixed the problem everytime. You could give that a try

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I need to have it rebalanced with the new yoke.
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Problems solved. Adjusted the clutch alittle bit more, it holds fine now. The yoke was barely hitting on the smog tube on the h-pipe, cut 1/2 inch out of it and re-welded it, no more vibration.
2stang
¯
Member # 4237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stang  Ford pictures for 2stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you like the TKO 500? I plan on getting one soon.

--------------------
-92 GT

Posts: 377 | From: walnut creek | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

I like it. Still breaking it in. This thing is a monster 5 speed.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com