Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Sub. box question..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sub. box question..
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Quick question for you guys. Will a bandpass box with two 12’s fit in a 95 GT coupe?

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not likley but maybe that should be a pretty good size box. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sure

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No. The 12" box is too big to fit in your trunk. I have squeezed one in before but I had to take out the backseat and and shove it in from behind. That box was custom made to fit the car too. Good luck trying to make it fit but the only size that will fit for sure is 10".

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok..thanks for the reply guys. Now.. will it be a pain in the ass to get it in the trunk…

--------------------
California Notary Public

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Quick 88LX,
Cool thanks for the reply man...

--------------------
California Notary Public

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done two 12's with a custom enclosure in my old coupe before. You might have to maneuver the box in but it will fit. You'd be sacrificing a lot of trunk space though and access to the spare tire will be difficult depending on the shape of the enclosure. 10's would be way easier.
Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can build you a custom box for the 2-12's to fit in your trunk with either mdf or fiberglass just let me know if your box dosen't end up working out or if it takes over your whole trunk [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com