Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I HATE adjustable fuel pressure regulators!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I HATE adjustable fuel pressure regulators!!!
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, after an hour and a half debacle just trying to remove my BBKrap one that took a dump on me, I got it off. Now, I was able to finger thread the first two screws for my new Kirban, but I can't get the last one threaded. It's the one closest to the intake manifold. I've got the ones nearest the firewall and throttle body threaded, but can't get teh last one. Anyone know any tricks to getting this one in? My fingers are too big to get in there and the allen wrench won't make a big enough turn to get it threaded.

Why did Ford make this the least accessible part on this car?

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take off your upper intake.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I do that, I'd more than likely need a new gasket... is there anywhere local that sells plenum gaskets for TFS intakes so I don't have to order it from Summit?

--------------------

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you need the gasket asap..i suggest calling around..or if you could order it from summit it would be at your door in a couple of days NO later..
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i ran the trick flow intake, and i needed a new uppper to lower gasket, took 3 weeks FROM SUMMIT to get to my house. they said that they did NOT stock those gaskets and had to be ordered directly from trick flow.
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well... I ordered it up (before I read the last reply). Hopefully it doesn't take 3 weeks. When I did my H/C/I, I remember it didn't take more than a few days to get my gasket set in.

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can reuse it if it doesnt break

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you could make one [Big Grin]

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just take off the intake and then take your rails off no big deal at all, you could do it in a half hour. The intake gasket can be re-used and 99.9999999999999999999 percent of the time it won't ever give you a problem with leaks.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

I already pulled the upper plenum off and the gasket broke into about 4 pieces because it got caught on the bolts and broke. I ordered a new one up from Summit. It was only $20.00 w/ shipping and handling. Hopefully this gets in Friday so I can have the car up. I haven't driven her in so long because of the busted BBK FPR. I can't wait to get it running right for once.

--------------------

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To install my Kirban AFPR, I just got one of my friends that has small hands to thread that last bolt in. [Big Grin]
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesn't anyone believe in using silicon so the gasket doesn't stick.

just a very thin film does wonders.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
doesn't anyone believe in using silicon so the gasket doesn't stick.

just a very thin film does wonders.

I don't use anything on my gasket and it never sticks? Maybe cause the Edelbrock Gasket is that much different then the Trick Flow one?

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
BBKrap

[patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ci$ko:

lol, i made one out of cardboard once. just temporarily of course

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
quote:
Originally posted by ci$ko:

lol, i made one out of cardboard once. just temporarily of course
Thats funny man, good thinking though!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Shit. I ordered the wrong gasket. I ordered the intake gasket, thinking it was the plenum gasket. Doh! Anyway, I tried to find the plenum gasket on Summit and couldn't find anything. Anyone know where to order one up?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
Shit. I ordered the wrong gasket. I ordered the intake gasket, thinking it was the plenum gasket. Doh! Anyway, I tried to find the plenum gasket on Summit and couldn't find anything. Anyone know where to order one up?

you need the gasket between the upper and lower right? Thats the intake gasket set that comes with that.

I believe the plenum gasket is the side peice of the upper intake that allows you access to port the upper, however I could be wrong [Confused]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

The Intake gasket is the gasket that goes between the lower intake and the head. I need the gasket that goes between the upper and lower. I've always refered to that as the plenum gasket because its the gasket between the plenum spacer and the intake.

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:

I believe the plenum gasket is the side peice of the upper intake that allows you access to port the upper, however I could be wrong [Confused]

The plenum gasket is refered to as the upper to lower intake gasket or vise versa...The intake COVER gasket would be the one like on the Edelbrocks where you can remove a cover to clean or port or whatever...

So, Nick did you get a gasket?>..

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Nope. I got the gasket that goes between the intake ports on the heads and the manifold. I still need the plenum gasket and if anyone knows how or where to get one, I'd be very grateful. I'll call Summit tomorrow, but they didn't have anything listed in the online store.

--------------------

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

The gasket is en route.

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
usually when i order from summit its at my doorstep the very next day and thats with their standard ground shipping.

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

I know. It usually arrives the next business day if you order it during the day. I just wasn't sure if it was going to come today because its Saturday and I didn't know if they delivered on weekends. But, they did, so I'll be putting it all back together tomorrow night after work hopefully.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com