Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Oil out the valve covers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Oil out the valve covers
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I keep having a problem with oil coming out the hole on the valve covers at first I had the pvc hooked up and it would suck it throw the carb so I got rid of that and put breathers on both sides and when I bring it up to a high rpm there will be oil all over the motor dose anyone know a way to fix it I have rollers on it so they are the tall valve covers with know baffle I tried ones with and they wouldn’t fit thanks for any info

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This may not be the answer to your problem, I'm sure someone else will chime in and help. My 86 Z28, 305ci 4bbl carb, is doing the same thing. It's spurting oil out of the breather cap on the drivers side, the oil is hitting the header and burning and causing it to smoke real bad and there has been loss of power. I've been told by numerous people that the pistons rings are bad.

Hope maybe that gives you an idea.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you still have the baffles in your valve covers or have you removed them to clear aftermarket or any kind of rocker arms?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no they dont have them in them would they help but i couldnt get them to fit

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is more than likely the problem.

At least from my experience.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

im going to try that woulf you know of a brand that might be tall enuf thanks

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

I believe 91-93 are the valve covers you want to clear. Maybe early as 90, either way it is the one without the ribs in them if you want stock ones.

As far as what I have always used......TFS or FMS talls, plus they look tight.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Also FMS valve covers come with baffles that you have to install.

What valvetrain setup do you have?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a sealed breather with a hose attachment on each cover. Than run the hoses from both sides to a catch can with a breather filter on it. Mount the catch can above the covers so that any oil which spits out of the breathers can drain back down into the motor. This will keep everything sealed up

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BlownNOSMustang
¯
Member # 158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownNOSMustang  Ford pictures for BlownNOSMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used Black RTV on my PCV valve and seal. I am running a S/C application. The best thing to put the cork felpro valve cover gaskets on is gasket cinch. It looks like monkey snot. And be sure NOT to over tighten.

--------------------
1993 Hatch,363 CI,670 RWHP

Posts: 238 | From: Cow Town,USA. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

i will try that they are trick flow heads with cran 1.6 rollers im going to try the baffle first but if that dont work i will try the drip can thanks for the info

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com