Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ELDELBROCK MANIFOLD UPDATE

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ELDELBROCK MANIFOLD UPDATE
1CLeeN5.0
¯
Member # 2124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1CLeeN5.0  Ford pictures for 1CLeeN5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i got all the connects right, set my first cylinder to TDC and made sure that the firing order was right and made sure the cap matched the rotor pointing at the number one spark plug wire going to cylinder 1. well the car cranks but when it starts it sounds like shit and i have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it alive. no idle is possible is there any advise or even someone that i could be refered to that has dealed with this situation thanks alot -tony
Posts: 67 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might be off a tooth on the dist. Also are you sure you have all the spark plug wires on the correct plug? I would check and make sure if you have that. Did you plug the MAF wire back in? What about your Spout connector have you left it in the whole time or has it been out?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

THE PUNISHER
¯
Member # 4333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE PUNISHER  Ford pictures for THE PUNISHER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1CLeeN5.0:
Well i got all the connects right, set my first cylinder to TDC and made sure that the firing order was right and made sure the cap matched the rotor pointing at the number one spark plug wire going to cylinder 1. well the car cranks but when it starts it sounds like shit and i have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it alive. no idle is possible is there any advise or even someone that i could be refered to that has dealed with this situation thanks alot -tony

you have a vacuum leak.
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher:
quote:
Originally posted by 1CLeeN5.0:

you have a vacuum leak.
Yep, check all your vacuum connections and put you ear around them and listen for the hissing. And if you have some carb cleaner or a propane torch you could spray it around the vacuum connections and intake gaskets to see if it changes the idle.

[ October 06, 2004, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: AJBlackGT ]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently had the same problem with mine. I had an vacuum leak around the lower gasket it slid down when I put it on I got some carb cleaner and spared it around the lower intake and it would rev. the only way I could get it to stay running is to unplug the mass air and it would idle but rough I hope this helps any

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

talaposa
¯
Member # 2460

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for talaposa  Ford pictures for talaposa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reverse your wires 180 degrees. Or crank the engine over until the indicator on the dampner reads 0 degrees and the rotor indicates the exact opposite direction from the number one cylinder. Remove the distributor and replace it so that the rotor is on number 1 cylinder. Symptoms of it are fast idle with engine gas to the floor, hard starting and some popping through intake and exhaust.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com