Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » A4 good deal or not

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A4 good deal or not
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fully asembled A4 block 347. I saw about 7500 to 8000 grand in reciepts. There are only 1000 miles on the shortblock and never reved past 5200. Is it worth it to get it for 2500?

Thanks for any info eric

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
c5
¯
Member # 4546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for c5  Ford pictures for c5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if its what you wanted and you seen the recipts hell yeah its worth it
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how overbored it it? 0.1 already?

racers tend to discard blocks after the second or third overboring. an A4/R302 can take more overborings than your standard block though.

so is it 0.03, 0.06, etc or what

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it seems to good to be true it normaly is. I would be asking alot of questions about the block,sleves ?over bore(should be .030 if it is a 347) Check into it really good.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IF, everything is legit, that is a screaming deal.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Orignally posted by GOT 50:
quote:
Fully asembled A4 block 347. I saw about 7500 to 8000 grand in reciepts. There are only 1000 miles on the shortblock and never reved past 5200. Is it worth it to get it for 2500?

Thanks for any info eric

If the block was built by a shop, then I would get in contact with them to see if everything checks out and if it does, then you better jump on that deal.

If the block was built by the person who selling it, then I would just check to see if it is a true A4 block and verify that most of parts bought are in the block, if the person is cool just tell them you'll reimburse them for a couple of gaskets. If you still don't feel sure about the purchase PM me the contact info I'll get it [Big Grin]

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i would be real skeptical of that

shit i would pull a main cap off and check that [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"never reved past 5200" means it was a track only motor that shifted at 6500rpm and he ran 250 miles on it, 1/4 mile at a time [worship]

heh, I dont think its a good idea to be looking to buy an $8k motor for $2500, why is he only looking to get 1/4 of what he paid, if nothing is wrong?

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy is a really good friend. The block is out of his supercharged stang. Dynoed at 555 with 10 psi. Started to hit 11.5 to 1 a\f at 5200 so they cut the pull. His best run was a 12.7 at 122. Road race suspension contex setup stage 3 full roll bar and so forth. Guy offed him 20k for the car. My friend acepted. The guy that bought the car turns around a week later and says he doesn't wnat a punny little 347(not knowing it was an a4 block) he wants his big block put in it so my buddy says ok. So now he has this engine with no car to put it in.. The engine was built in san carlos by. Ted at tech craft. They evidently merged with another company. Its only .30 over. Suposdly they manly due nascar and circle track engines. They have a great rep. Pretty sure I'm gonna get it. If anyone wants to buy it from me let meknow. Also they are sending me a build sheet. So we will see what it looks like.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so does it have the heads?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

I wish it had the heads.
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't want it I will take it I know ted's work [worship]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Techcraft Machine (Ted's business) merged with Top of the Hill Race Cars in Livermore. Ted still operates the engine building end of the shop while Craig Hill owns T.O.T.H. and primarily runs the fabrication side of things. Both guys have a great reputation and are not cheap, but hey, you get what you pay for.

Top of the Hill's #:925-449-3330

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com