Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Edelbrock Manifold on... no start?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Edelbrock Manifold on... no start?
1CLeeN5.0
¯
Member # 2124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1CLeeN5.0  Ford pictures for 1CLeeN5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i hooked up all the lines and everything in connected and ready to go. the only mistake i made when removing all the components was not mark the distributor. so i put the distributor in and tighten it down, but the car just cranks but never turns over is it a timing issue or a fuel issue b/c i had to remove the fuel rails and injectors to remove the lower manifold. need to get running before 5:00 so any help is needed thanks -tony
Posts: 67 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make sure you have your motor on TDC on number 1 cylinder. Then put your Distributor so it points about stright up (or 12o'clock) so that the rotor will fire on the number one plug wire. Try that out.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And if that doesnt work your 180* out.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you really need to find someone with a timing light that knows how to use it, before u drive it any distance, or even get it running

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
you really need to find someone with a timing light that knows how to use it, before u drive it any distance, or even get it running

[worship]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take out the #1 spark plug and put your finger over it while having someone turn the engine over by hand until you feel compression in that cylinder, then take a pencil and put it in the hole and continue to rotate the crank until it stops becuase of the pencil. You are now at TDC of the compression stroke. Put the cap on the distributor and mark the number 1 post on the base of the distributor, then pull the cap off and drop in the distributor and put the rotor in and twist the dizzy until the mark you made lines up with the rotor. Tighten it down and put the cap back on and start the car, set timing to around 14* with a timing light, this should fix your problems if your distributor was not stabbed correctly. Try that and see if it works, if not post back with the results.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com