Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » speed density > mass air

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: speed density > mass air
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How hard is it to do a mass air conversion on a 87 5.0 HO. What parts do you need, are there any conversion kits with everything included that you can buy?

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's pretty straight forwards if you read the instructions, And you can buy kits online from eBay.

That's what I did, But I had E Koster install it. Back in the day

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
NO-CLONE
¯
Member # 4594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO-CLONE  Ford pictures for NO-CLONE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM SENT

--------------------
If the purpose of a wing is to apply down force to the drive wheels at high speeds, shouldn't the wing on most imports be mounted on the hood?

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought the Ford Racing kit. Just install the mass air meter, 1 wire, and new computer. That's it. Took me 5 minutes to do it.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did my conv. on my 86 with left over parts,took me less than an hour.
all you need is a mass air computer,mass air meter and the wiring.the four wires and connector that go to the mass air meter.
LMK if you need help.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did the conversion on my 88 Non-Ca car. PM me if you need specifics. Like someone said, all you need is the wiring harness, computer and meter w/ sample tube. It takes less than an hour.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com