Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » T3/T4 turbocharged Mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: T3/T4 turbocharged Mustang
4'd stang
¯
Member # 2466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4'd stang  Ford pictures for 4'd stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sup everyone. I don't post on here much so here it goes. My friend and I started on a turbo project for my 02' V6 Mustang about 5 months ago. Well we finally got all the pipes fabricated and welded and were able to install the kit last week. We put in a 5.8psi wastegate spring and I'm running it on stock injectors and stock MAF for now to see how the turbo would respond as a giant "bolt-on.". Suprisingly, it is running pretty well so far. My boost gauge verifies 20 in.hg on vacuum side, so no leaks and it idles like stock. My MAF doesn't appear to be pegging and I don't think I am running lean. I have not really taken it past 4K rpms at full throttle just to make sure that I don't run lean. We are going to verify my A/F ratio with a wideband soon enough. I've boosted quite a bit at half to two-thirds throttle and I start to build boost at around 2000-2200 rpms and full boost by 2800-3000 rpms in first gear and 2500-2600 rpms in the other gears. My 39lb. Cobra injectors, 3" Universal Pro-M, and SCT microtuner have been sitting in my room. We installed the Focus 300lph fuel pump awhile back. I'm awaiting the "custom turbo" file to be made and then install the new injectors, MAF, and then change the spring out to an 8.7psi spring. After that, I am going to try and get some dyno#'s and also track times. I hope to run low 13's and possibly high 12's. I would like to get an 8.8 soon also.

Here is a very short list of what my set up includes:
T3/T4 57-trim turbo .50 A/R compressor .68 A/R turbine
38mm Tial wastegate
HKS SSQV blow off valve
Spearco intercooler 23.5x8x3(endtank to endtank) 17x8x3(core)
Hawker Genesis G16EPX battery
Mandrel bent piping (Mild steel and stainless steel)
2x6" flex tubes

Here are a few pics:
http://www.members.aol.com/andylittleton/passengerview.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/andylittleton/frontview.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/andylittleton/fmic1.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/andylittleton/fmic2.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/andylittleton/fmicsleeper.jpg

--------------------
Now with 100% more Cobra!

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
super sleeper! props to you and andy for that

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that is pretty impressive man. Nice setup you have there, let us know what it runs and how much power it makes [burnout]
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice setup, is the car your talking about Andy's car?

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
4'd stang
¯
Member # 2466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4'd stang  Ford pictures for 4'd stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by THE King Cobra:
Nice setup, is the car your talking about Andy's car?

Oh... No that is my car but Andy is the one who fabricated the pipes. He used to run a T04E 62-1 trim turbo but he sold the kit. He was pushing 11lbs. of boost before he lost compression in his #6 cylinder.

--------------------

4'd stang
¯
Member # 2466

Thanks for the compliments guys. I actually want to run a ball-bearing turbo now. I am having problems with some sputtering and I think it is because the turbo is not balanced correctly. I figured if I go with a Garrett ball-bearing turbo I can spool 1,000 rpms quicker and also net an additional 35-40rwhp at the same psi compared to the one I have now. Only problem is.... money. [Frown]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com