Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Lowering My Notch...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lowering My Notch...
SWANGaLANGIN_50
¯
Member # 2061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWANGaLANGIN_50  Ford pictures for SWANGaLANGIN_50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the best bang-for-the-buck lowering spring for a daily driven 2.3 notchback?
I am willing to sacrafice comfort for looks... I pretty much want the lowest drop...

So far I'm leaning towards Intrax w/ a 1.75 in drop for $170...

Any suggestions?

--------------------
http://www.cafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00002061

Posts: 141 | From: East Bay, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are lowering it that much you definately need caster camber plates, and offset bushings. If not you will wear your tires quick!! There really is no real cheap safe way to lower your stang. Look for used parts off of here and the corral.net

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're looking for cheap, cutting them is damn near free.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the InTrax 2" lowering springs on my car. [Smile]

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i installed some springs for a guy and he bought them off ebay. they lowered his car at least 2.5"

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the lowest spring i have seen on a fox body stang are the eibach sport line springs and cut a coil on the front ones and put no isulators that will put it low or you can just cut the springs here is a pic of my old 5.0 notch with cut springs. bad ride but super low.
 -

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford C spring and cut a coil...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ha, ya shauns was pretty fuckin low. Just be careful how big of a tire you want to run. My wheels didnt fit under shauns car when it had those springs.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
SWANGaLANGIN_50
¯
Member # 2061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWANGaLANGIN_50  Ford pictures for SWANGaLANGIN_50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup... This was my old LX w/ cut STOCK springs... Try riding in here hella drunk after a club... [patriot]

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=00002061/1SWANGaLANGIN_side1.jpg

[ September 21, 2004, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: SWANGaLANGIN_50 ]

--------------------

SWANGaLANGIN_50
¯
Member # 2061

quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
If you're looking for cheap, cutting them is damn near free.

Love that quote bro...
Just like how I like my women!

--------------------

SWANGaLANGIN_50
¯
Member # 2061

double post...

[ September 21, 2004, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: SWANGaLANGIN_50 ]

--------------------

SWANGaLANGIN_50
¯
Member # 2061

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:
the lowest spring i have seen on a fox body stang are the eibach sport line springs and cut a coil on the front ones and put no isulators that will put it low or you can just cut the springs here is a pic of my old 5.0 notch with cut springs. bad ride but super low.
 -

What suspension do u have on the purple one? Any rubbing problems w/ your 20's?

Planning to throw on 18's on mine...

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com