Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car is heating up...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car is heating up...
SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
recently my 92 5.0 has been overheating, when ever im at iddle for a long period of time, lets say a long stop light, my car starts heating up. when i start driving again it slowly starts going down... it also over heats when im driving for long period of time. what could this be??
Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you boiling over and do you have foam coming out of your overflow can? Do you have an electric fan? If not, is your fan clutch still good? Is there anything impedeing the airflow to the front of the radiator?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also- is it the radiator original? They clog up if the coolant isn't changed regularly.

Radiator options-> http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2001/10/radiator/

Electric fan install->
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/06/electricfan/index.shtml

And junkyard electric fan install->
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/02/electricfan/index.shtml

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well when i got the car the previouse owner had taken out the over flow tank cause he had put a bigger fan so the tank was in the way so he took it out. the cap of the over flow bottle and the little tube that conects to teh bottle are just hanging in teh engine compartment. I havnt noticed any foaming and i dont see anything in the way. i checked the radiator and it looks pretty full with coolant but like i said the temp gauge inside goes all the way up over the red...
Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock water pump?

--------------------
Support our troops!

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]
Also- is it the radiator original? They clog up if the coolant isn't changed regularly.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com