Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » AOD Problems?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AOD Problems?
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just purchased this car yesturday, at a good price. The tranny won't shift into 3rd and when you shift into 4th if feels like its in neutral. My question, Is the tranny pretty much shot? I test drove it around the neighborhood and everything seemed fine. Its an AOD with 2:73's, so I didn't find out anything is wrong until the freeway. I was taching 3400rpm in 2nd @60mph.
Thanks

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had mine do the same thing and it needed a full rebuild. Made the mistake of rebuilding stock aod and the next one was gone in 25k miles. Make an upgrade to a lentech or c4 would be My advice to you, also put a trans cooler on it as well if you dont already have one. I have a B & M tranny in mine now but will upgrade to lentech trans w- lentech shifter when this one goes. Good luck!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what I thought. Was hoping if there was something else.
Thanks

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a new tranny completley, I would go with a Lentech if you want to stick with the auto. If not convert it to a five speed.

--------------------
Support our troops!

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I;m sticking to an auto. Any of you guys hear of GER transmissions. Its in Muscle Mustangs. They have an AOD with converter for 1k shipped, with 5 year warranty.

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just in the magazines such as you saw them. Go to www.stangnet.com and go use there search function.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com