Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Crane roller rockers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Crane roller rockers
Blowfish
¯
Member # 4043

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blowfish  Ford pictures for Blowfish    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set of Crane roller rockers and in a few of them the bearings are tight and need to be replaced. They look rebuildable with a circlip holding it together. I took them to my local speed shop and they didnt have a clue as to where to get replacement bearings. They are 1.7s with a ford number on them F3ZE 6529 AB. Crane cams website was not very helpful either. Anyone have an idea where to get the replacement bearings ?

--------------------
All throttle...No bottle

Posts: 38 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call up crane's technical support dept. They'll hook you up with new trunions or you can send them back to crane and they'll do it for you. I'm not sure how cost effective it is though. Might be cheaper to buy some used ones instead

[ September 16, 2004, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy new and better roller rockers...Those Crane rockers are not good...I had similar problems with my 1.7's, but I had a buddy that worked at Kragen warranty them for me.... [Wink]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Tryin2GoFast
¯
Member # 3166

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tryin2GoFast  Ford pictures for Tryin2GoFast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set of excellent condition, low mileage 1.7 pedestal mount Roller Rockers for sale.Im askin 100 firm, they are the silver cobra ones, crane energizers i beleive.

[ September 17, 2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Tryin2GoFast ]

--------------------
89 Notchback with H/C/I Totaled 5/04
90 Black LX Hatch 310/330 AFR/Perfromer/FTI Gettin sydways in a lane near you!

Posts: 278 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Blowfish
¯
Member # 4043

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blowfish  Ford pictures for Blowfish    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I called Crane , and they told me these are not rebuildable. Not the answer I wanted. I should throw them away and buy new ones at $16 ea. Grrrr Thanks for the offer but I might go a different way

--------------------
All throttle...No bottle

Posts: 38 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the bearings being loose was what finally made me ditch my Crane 1.7s. If you go a different route - be sure to do your research. Almost everything else out there will have issues with fitting under most of the valve covers available.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com