Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEED SOME 1 TO INSTALL FUEL PUMP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED SOME 1 TO INSTALL FUEL PUMP
SIDEWAYZ50
¯
Member # 4868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIDEWAYZ50  Ford pictures for SIDEWAYZ50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I NEED SOME 1 TO INSTALL A FUEL PU [patriot] MP
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to the site!...Please don't write in "CAPS" (It means you're yelling)...Please read the top post in this forum regarding posting...Give as much info as possible, such as year, model, engine size and etc...

What fuel pump are you thinking of installing, a 190.lph?....If you have a 155.lph depending on your combo a 190.lph pump will be smarter to install because it can support higher HP levels later on...

Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SIDEWAYZ50
¯
Member # 4868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIDEWAYZ50  Ford pictures for SIDEWAYZ50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THANX sorry about the caps...and hell yea you hit it right on the money i want 255 or 190 with elebrock heads rpm manifold and e303 with 30lbs injectotrs
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where you located?
and whats that song called in your sig? best shit ever!

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Installing a fuel pump is really not hard, just have an extra hand to help you hold the tank back in place while your bolting it back in. Drive the car until the tank is empty, trust me, this will make it A LOT easier. Get the car high up on jack stands, relieve the fuel pressure, unhook all lines running to the tank, unbolt the two support straps and carefully lower the tank while sliding out the filler neck, you should probably get a new filler neck seal from ford while your at it. Tap the lock ring off of the pump housing, pull out the pump, put in the new one. Installation is the reverse of removal.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, its not that hard, just a pain if you dont get as much gas out as you can lol. 1/4 is still kinda akward to move around!!!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SIDEWAYZ50
¯
Member # 4868

hungryhippo its mac dre "chevs and fords" and does anybody know where i can get my shit tuned at? i was thinking apex in san jose
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
yeah, its not that hard, just a pain if you dont get as much gas out as you can lol. 1/4 is still kinda akward to move around!!!

yes it is! first time, had about 1/2 a tank, that sucked. this time i on;y had about 1/8 a tank, i could've lifted it by myself!
don't pay someone else to do easy things on your car, go to Kragens and buy a Chiltons manual and learn to do them yourself. it'll save you a lot of money, and teach you something new

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just donr wire it wrong or you may catch your car on fire.. then that would suck.. Im in san jo.. if you need some to do the instal cheap hit me up.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com