Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 69 302 with t-5 what is needed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 69 302 with t-5 what is needed
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought a 1969 302 motor what do i need to bolt on a t-5? if i change the flywheel to a 86-95 5.0 will it mess with the balance of the motor? or is this a direct swap thnaks

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm pretty sure it will mess with the balance, i think there 28oz. other than that i thought the t-5 would bolt right up?????? i'm sure you already know that its not a roller motor also.

[ September 14, 2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

stang bang 67
¯
Member # 4856

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang bang 67  Ford pictures for stang bang 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is what you gotta do: call up modern driveline and get their cable clutch kit! call them to see if they make one for that year stang. then go and get yourself a new harmonic balancer...they even make one that you can chang out the weight's to make it work on on other motor [Big Grin] call up mustang's plus they have them in stock their 149.95 for the reg and 339.95 for the billet steel one....you will need the 50oz with the flywheel your using...hope that helps you out.... [Smile]
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is your 86 a roller block? I think it is. Roller blocks came with 50oz inbalance. That 69 block is 28oz inbalance.

It's a little unclear what you are trying to do. My assumption is your trying to put the 69 motor in your 86. To do so you will need at least a 28oz inbalance balancer, with the matching 28oz flywheel.

Maybe you should wait and find a 5.0 engine with better mileage and do that...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87 Saleen:
Is your 86 a roller block? I think it is. Roller blocks came with 50oz inbalance. That 69 block is 28oz inbalance.

It's a little unclear what you are trying to do. My assumption is your trying to put the 69 motor in your 86. To do so you will need at least a 28oz inbalance balancer, with the matching 28oz flywheel.

Maybe you should wait and find a 5.0 engine with better mileage and do that...

yeah its for the 86, but its a 4 cyl right now, im doing the v8 swap thanks for the reply's [patriot]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
stang bang 67
¯
Member # 4856

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang bang 67  Ford pictures for stang bang 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn i thoght it was for an old school...yeah get another motor and save yourself the trouble.

--------------------
67 fastback
03 ranger(sold)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com