Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94-95 GT Vacuum line question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94-95 GT Vacuum line question
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On the driver side, right against the firewall, there is a vacuum tree. There are 4 lines connected to it. 1 big one that goes to the intake, 1 big one that goes to the brakes, 1 medium sized one that seems to disappear into the wheelwell and 1 small one that travels along the firewall over to the passenger side of the car. Can someone look at this "small" vacuum line on their 94-95GT and tell me where it leads? Mine seems to have spontaneously melted through and I only have half of it (luckily it sealed itself in the process). I'm guessing the other side of it used to connect somewhere useful but I'm at a loss to find the other half of it. Thanks!
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesnt sound familiar. what color is it?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's black. It has a "boot" at the tree end and a "connector" in the center - Not unlike the one that comes off the intake that you have to disconnect in the center to easily remove the upper intake.

I never noticed it in the past - it was only coincidence that I saw it this last time and noticed it was melted through.

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i never noticed this vacuum tree against the firewall, but i can look when i get home around 5

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll check too...I should be home by 4pm

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

sorry i didnt have time to look at it. my alarm went crazy and i was working on that all night

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Play with your climate controls. If the air flow ONLY comes out of the defrost then that answers your question. Mine broke a couple years ago and that's how I figured out the same question. Cut the bad part out and use a regular rubber vacum line from the partstore to replace the section you cut. Let us know if that was it. Good Luck, Keith [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep most likely your are talking about the line that feeds the climate controls in the car. Try the ac and see if it blows cold. If not than thats the line you'll need hooked back up.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

wow - good call. Checking the fuses on my AC was also on my list for tomorrow as the air wasn't blowing cold. Thanks a ton for the assist.
94Blackout
¯
Member # 2541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94Blackout  Ford pictures for 94Blackout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In case you haven't fixed this problem, that line connects back to a vacuum stem attached to the front part of the upper intake.

Apparently the car gods wanted me to have this problem during that crazy hot streak a couple weeks ago, AC went out and got a funny whistle under the hood. Took me about a week of very uninspired looking to find it, but that fixed the problem.

--------------------
87 5.0 LX: Exploded
94 Cobra: Totalled
94 GT Vert: Rear ended
98 Charged GT: Sold
65-67 2+2 Fastback: Someday...

Posts: 704 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com