Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Big problem!!! help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Big problem!!! help
saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleenmomo89  Ford pictures for saleenmomo89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think its a throttle position sensor, however let me explain.

when i first start the car and drive it is fine if i keep the rpms up, then if i let the rpms down or even somtimes without letting the rpms down the car loses all power, and dies slowly,,,,,
then if i start it back up it will repeat......
i have taken the belt off, and it feels like im getting alot of resistance from the power stearing pump, and the smog pump is not very smooth eather,,,, what do you guys think,,,,,
thanks

Shok
¯
Member # 3174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shok  Ford pictures for Shok    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i doubt its the smog or power steering pump, i've had those seize solid on me and the motor would run, just the belt was destroyed
Posts: 135 | From: salinas, california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
EGR valve?

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuel pump

but need more info.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleenmomo89  Ford pictures for saleenmomo89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i took the belt off the motor and was able to drive if for a short while with no trouble, it seems to be one of the accesories, i can figure out what it would be though, because the pullies all spin on the accesories

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com