Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car wont start, need help asap...was going to go smog today

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car wont start, need help asap...was going to go smog today
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went to start me car this morning and it didnt turn on, the pullies turn but no go... i needed to go smog it today!!!!help
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
out of gas?

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no, i have half a tank...if the tfi module is bad, would the engine turn???, because im thinking the module might be bad, but the starter does turn the pullies
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

anyone???? want to fix it today.................
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Listen to see if your fuel pump is coming on when you turn the key to run. The next thing is to check to see if you are getting a spark.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

i have fuel pressure, 40psi (i have a guage hooked up) but what would be the best way to check for spark?
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

just checked to hear for fuel pump, and i did hear it turn on. any other things i should try??????????????? would the car crank with a bad tfi module...?
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

so, nobody here can answer any of my questions????
WeStBaY5.0
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
al you havent smogged it?
:
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car will crank with a bad TFI. That doesnt effect cranking. Check for spark at the coil and then move to an actual plug wire. Remove your dist. cap and make sure rotor is rotating in relation to cranking.

Also look at the last thing you worked on and make sure that cant have anything to do with current problem. 90% of the time, it does.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what about the alarm does it have some type of starter kill on it. Ask who ever installed it. I think that could be it if u have one. my .02

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
what about the alarm does it have some type of starter kill on it. Ask who ever installed it. I think that could be it if u have one. my .02

but the car does crank, it just doesn't turn over...
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

i just checked, for spark (by using the method described in the previous reply), and there is none. so does that mean that the blaster coil is no good or maybe the relay switch. (since there is no spark at the distributor then i think the tfi module should not be the reason for it not turning over, just my o2). anyone have any suggestions????

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com