Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cobra rear bumper/kit options...need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cobra rear bumper/kit options...need help
ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This MF back up into me today in my gt and crushed my hood and my bumper....and i need to get a new front bumper...i dont want to make something my car is not..(i.e.) a cobra or a saleen...but all the aftermarket stuff looks all rice like....i have a black 2k gt on saleen rims...I want to get either a saleen front/rear..or a cobra-r...but i was talking the guy at ford and he said the mounting was diff on a cobra bumper..any suggestions?
any1 have the # of a saleen dealer rightnow?
or suggestions?

[ September 01, 2004, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: ci$ko ]

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Decide on a bumper that you like and install it...The bumpers on a Cobra, Saleen or whatever will fit on that specific year Mustang...I wouldn't worry about brackets or what ever, you can buy those and I'm sure that even if they were required it would not be that hard to install...

FYI~Prepare yourself for poor quality on the Saleen parts...I've gotten a few body parts and none of them fit right at all..

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:

FYI~Prepare yourself for poor quality on the Saleen parts...I've gotten a few body parts and none of them fit right at all..

i'm trying to find a saleen dealer to get a good quality kit but don't know where one is yet...but i think i mught go with cobra bumbers and a ram air hood or..saleen kit with a ram air hood..
my other option is a cobra-r or saleen kit with a carbon fiber cowl hood...but i like the look of a carbon fiber cowl hood on a black gt...but the-again i think the carbon fiber hood would be a little rice like...
sry if it doesn't make sense i beendrinkin a littte [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com