Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Coolant lines to TB

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Coolant lines to TB
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, my heater core blew up a few months ago and I just got off my lazy ass and re-routed the coolant lines from the firewall. I just ran the tubing in a U-turn fashion at the firewall and I also ran a U-turn at the two metal hoses. Long story short I have no heater and everything is run cleanly.

My question now is what about the two little coolant lines that run into/out of the EGR spacer? Can I remove those lines without disrupting anything? I would just bypass the TB and run the hose under to the other side. I figure this will work fine but I wanted to ask first.

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, you dont really need those lines, and rerouting them will work if you dont want to completely block them off.
Andrew

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nick if u call me i can tell u how to get rid of the whole metal heater pipe, and be done with it [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
nick if u call me i can tell u how to get rid of the whole metal heater pipe, and be done with it [patriot]

Thanks dude. PM me your number(s) because I am outta the loop [Wink]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You wouldn't pass visual for smog inspection with the re-routed coolant lines would you?

--------------------
Support our troops!

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Damn. Well, I am keeping the little black hoses then. Thanks

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Gear Head:
You wouldn't pass visual for smog inspection with the re-routed coolant lines would you?

it doesnt affect the function of the egr, so i dont know if it would be allowed or not, it probably would be one of those things were it depends on how much of an asshole the tech is

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com