Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Where can I get rims widened (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where can I get rims widened
mustangmn83
¯
Member # 3722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangmn83  Ford pictures for mustangmn83    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a pair of 18X 9 chrome saleen rims that I want widened to 18X10 or 18X10.5... I dont want to spend 800 bucks on a pair of new 18X10's... so I was wondering if there was anywhere you know that can widen rims... I have heard of it being done before... how much does it cost and where are they located... this info would be much appreciated
Posts: 236 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It aint cheap. Boyd can do it [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=513753

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=513753

OH MY GOD [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ohh that's nasty [Eek!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.stocktonwheel.com/wheel_widening.htm
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was a yellow coupe in 5.0 and Super Fords a while back that had Saleen wheels widened out to 18x12 w/ 335s like that white coupe. The rear axle was narrowed and they had to push in the LCAs, but it looks bad ass. I'm trying to find pics right now...

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
There was a yellow coupe in 5.0 and Super Fords a while back that had Saleen wheels widened out to 18x12 w/ 335s like that white coupe. The rear axle was narrowed and they had to push in the LCAs, but it looks bad ass. I'm trying to find pics right now...

What about that Teal Coup on the Corral that had his 17" ponys widened to fit like 315's Maybe somebody knows where to find those pics. Now that teal coup is the SHIT!!!!!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stockton wheel does some intersting work I like but pricey, I live down the street from them. How about Pete Paulson does great work and cool guy to get questions answered by, house is freaking comfy even a pond but nothing flashy.

[Smile] My fastbacks mini tubbed bitches thats right 335's here I come for street driving and 12" slicks for the track. [Wink]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:

I used them in the past, well actually my old boss Charlie Bruno used them to widen a set of pony wheels. Great people there [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any clue what it would cost to get the 7.5" wide 93 Cobra wheels widened to 9-9.5"?

Anyone think I shouldn't touch factory 93's?

--------------------

BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
quote:

I used them in the past, well actually my old boss Charlie Bruno used them to widen a set of pony wheels. Great people there [patriot]
do you know how much they charged him [patriot]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I recall it was cheaper to just sell the set you've got and use the cash from that and some more and buy a wider different set. We choose this option at the time because we wanted to take a wheel which was only offered in a particular width and make it wider. It's been a long time since than so the best bet is to just call them. I'd only look into doing this if you want a particular wheel wider. Otherwise it isn't the most cost effective way to get wider wheels

[ August 22, 2004, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Any clue what it would cost to get the 7.5" wide 93 Cobra wheels widened to 9-9.5"?

These wheels would be a good canidate for this mod. because they are only offered in that particular width. The cool thing is you get the phat tires and the original look to the car. Especially cool with the '93 cobra as it keeps things looking factory. As far as durability with these wider wheels. We never saw an issue with them after many track days.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Do it! You shouldn't mar or crack them, but widening for 315-335 is nasty. [Eek!]
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know if it matter for you about the brand, but http://www.wheelreplicas.com/sstyle.htm
You can get a brand new set, slap on some Saleen centercaps and unless someone looks for the logo you'd never be able to tell the difference...and get your 18x10's int he process. [patriot]

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
platinumplus
¯
Member # 2249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumplus  Ford pictures for platinumplus    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YO! SON Im trying to get my 20X8.5 inch KOBRAZ widened(expanded) to 20x10 "Big Boy" style you know what Im ~sizzlin~....yo,I want to handle this god...
Posts: 402 | From: SanJose CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
speak english or stfu
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
speak english or stfu

Ahah ahaaaaa [patriot]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

quote:

Makem 18" and widen them to 9.5 [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by High Output:
YO! SON Im trying to get my 20X8.5 inch KOBRAZ widened(expanded) to 20x10 "Big Boy" style you know what Im ~sizzlin~....yo,I want to handle this god...

Me too! So I can look like this.
 -

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Good luck finding a shop that will touch aluminum wheels. I have been trying since I bought my cobra in 93, so let me know if you do find one. They all say they can't weld aluminum.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Thanks for the info. I won't even take the time to look.

--------------------

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm always hopeful but always disappointed. Just checked Stockton Wheel and they only do steel.

I keep hoping one day somebody will make an aftermarket replica.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much did it cost you for the 347 from Bob Anderson?Are they located in the midwest?

--------------------
gt40

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com