Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cobra brakes...caliper ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cobra brakes...caliper ?
ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can i just put the cobra calipiers on my gt with out any problems?
im puttin slotted/crossdrilled rotors on and i might as well upgrade the calipiers also..

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think so dude - but that's a guess

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Obviously you are speaking of changing to Cobra rotors when you add the Cobra Calipers, right? You will need the Cobra brake hoses, but everything else is a simple bolt on swap. A 2000 GT has 2 piuston calipers, and I think the pistons are close to the size of the Cobra calipers, so you shouldn't have any trouble with the master cyllinder.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cobra rotors, cobra brake lines, and the cobra calpier with pads is all you need for the front. i think i have my stock cobra lines somewhere.

the '99 gts uses twin piston PBR calipers, similar the the cobra caliper. they are an improvement over the 94-98 GTs, but aren't quite to the cobra specs.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com