Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ROOKIE in need of help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ROOKIE in need of help
ironhorse
Member # 4762

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ironhorse  Ford pictures for ironhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need to find out the benefits of a head swap, any info would be appreciated!
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/heads.shtml

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you talking about the 99+PI 2v heads?...I see in your profile you have a 96 Mustang...

Read my post at the top of the tech talk page...The more info you give us the better answer you'll get...

Welcome to cafords... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ironhorse
Member # 4762

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ironhorse  Ford pictures for ironhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
right on....what i really wanted to know was if i wanted to change my heads as oppose to buying a new motor, would i be able to use all my exisiting components (considering they are all in good shape) and it run stronger?
ironhorse
Member # 4762

ok, so i have a 96 gt with about 97k miles, i so far have had no mechanical failures of any sort, but still would like to have a fresh motor. considering my budget, would i be in good shape if i were to just get brand new heads and use stock intake and such??? thanks
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, if you're on a budget and you want to go faster without nitrous or a blower the PI heads, cams and intake are the way to go...

The PI heads, cams and intake normally sell for $1000+ and it requires more than a few hours of labor...

Do a compression check on your motor first and make sure it's a motor worth modifying...100K on a 96 2v doesn't inspire confidence...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ironhorse
Member # 4762

ahh...ok sounds good i figured money wasnt worth spending if the motor wasnt tip-top, so i can get a compression check just about anywhere or is it something i might be able to do on my own? thanks again
Tryin2GoFast
¯
Member # 3166

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tryin2GoFast  Ford pictures for Tryin2GoFast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have a the money, there is someone selling pi heads/intake/tb, missing the cam and lower intake and all he wants is 265, thats a deal.
There is also someone selling 4.6 saleen supercharger for around 1700 complete(retails around double that).

--------------------
89 Notchback with H/C/I Totaled 5/04
90 Black LX Hatch 310/330 AFR/Perfromer/FTI Gettin sydways in a lane near you!

Posts: 278 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com