Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any Mecahics or Mustang people want to help troubleshoot car for a fee?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Mecahics or Mustang people want to help troubleshoot car for a fee?
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently purchased a 96GT with a full 2001 Cobra 4V swap. I am having a few problems with the abs light coming on and staying on. The airbag light flashing and then staying on and the check engine light coming on. I think it also has a slight exhaust leak. Basicsally I just need help with these things and general questions. I have no problem paying for help. Thanks, David

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy yourself a code scanner.... [patriot]

............Welcome to cafords by the way...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ABS light, I would check all the sensors and the rotors, make sure there is no breaks in the wiring.

the air bags might be freaked out by the PCM swap? theres away to reset the bag system, but I cant recall it myself. im sure one of the fellow board members will know.

the CE light? well with a complicated swap like that,there may be a few loose ends?

good luck
and you should try and make it to the car show on the 14th [Smile]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
5litereater
¯
Member # 4427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5litereater  Ford pictures for 5litereater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend had the same problem doing the swap on his 98 GT, when he put power to the ECU it shorted out and cause the same three lights to come on every time he started it. it may or may not be the same problem but id check it anyways, and do get a code scanner to check it out

--------------------
85 LX 5.0 vert with a new credit card and huge plans.
no matter how bad your mustang is, it will not hang with a 5.7 3rd gen f body

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/brakes/absDiagInfo.html

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/airBag/

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com