Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fender rolling tech

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fender rolling tech
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've read a bunch of different ways to do it in my search. The two ways seem to be using a rubber hammer and pounding it in, or using a wood bat and just rolling the car back and forth to get the lip rolled in. I need to get the fenders tucked and I'm looking to use the wooden bat idea. So how exactly do you do it? Can someone put up some pretty detailed instructions for me? Thanks.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try searching on this site because if i remember right there was a thread about rolling fenders and someone even had a pic of a fender rolling tool that attached to the lugs w/ an articulating arm to roll the fender.

Don't know if it will help w/ what you need .....sorry can't remember the name of the person who posted the pic either.....anyway...

Good luck.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tin snips and a hammer for me [burnout]
i didnt really care since its not visible

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not cheap, but maybe you can rent it to all of your friends.

Fender Roller

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used tin snips and cut the lip every inch or so, then pounded it out. Works really well.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com