Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Just installed accufab plenum.. but theres a problem!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Just installed accufab plenum.. but theres a problem!!
Madstyle1
¯
Member # 4717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madstyle1  Ford pictures for Madstyle1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys i just installed an accufab plenum with a 70mm TB on a 04 Mustang GT and when everything is put in place .. the car revs pretty high at neutral from 1500 RPM to 2000 RPM!! but when i shift to first it goes down back to normal!! Also sometimes it idles very high when i just turn the car on!! Now the TPS was set to 1 to .980 volts (according to the other mustang forums thats how it should be set) then i heard that the IAC has to be clean.. but the car is new so it should be clean to begin with.. Im also hearing that it takes a day or two for the computer to learn new items on the car? is that true?? Can anyone help me here!! its very frustrating!!
Madstyle1
¯
Member # 4717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madstyle1  Ford pictures for Madstyle1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot to say that i added on the Spacer between the accufab plenum and manifold??
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go put some miles on it and see if it clears up.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you disconnect the battery to reset the computer?

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Madstyle1
¯
Member # 4717

yes i disconnected the battery... i even did it overnight!!!
Madstyle1
¯
Member # 4717

I think i found out the problem... i think the reason why its doing this is because i dont have a gasket on the spacer ... between the plenum and the manifold... hopefull thats the problem and it can be solved very easily....
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No gasket! Vacuum leak! That has to be it.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sup reggie [Wink]

here we go...

remove the spacer; increased intake-runner length is built-in to the plenum. the spacer isn't necessary.

the erratic idle is completely normal, and should go away after multiple driving cycles. this problem is VERY common with mod cars equipped with aftermarket plenums.

i would however, check the tps and egr connections to make sure their secure. i seriously doubt you've got a vaccum leak!

one more thing, a gasket isn't necessary with the spacer; there's a packing on the mating surface between the plenum and lower intake.

[Smile]

[ August 02, 2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: yesIdid ]

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Madstyle1:
I think i found out the problem... i think the reason why its doing this is because i dont have a gasket on the spacer ... between the plenum and the manifold... hopefull thats the problem and it can be solved very easily....

i'm sure it came with gaskets right??? if it did, you probably should've put those on.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com