Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Is this good deal for engine block?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this good deal for engine block?
yon4
¯
Member # 2470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yon4  Ford pictures for yon4  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Engine auction

eBay item 7912694097 (Ends Aug-02-04 12:51:35 PDT) - FORD MUSTANG 5.0L/306 SHORT BLOCK ENGINE FREE SHIPPING

[ July 28, 2004, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: yon4 ]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never heard of Street Racing Performance. Also, it doesn't say what kind of machine work was done.

The warrenty is nice, however it is only as good as the company that stand behind it [Smile]

You may want to get prices from some local machine shops to compare.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"*THIS ENGINE WAS DYNOED AT NORE THAN 350 HORSEPOWER. "

I wouldn't pay those people 50% of that price if they can't even spell on their ebay ad! Plus that is total BS. [BS flag] [Roll Eyes]

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

I wouldn't pay those people 50% of that price if they can't even spell on their ebay ad! Plus that is total BS. [BS flag] [Roll Eyes]

you forgot the asterisk
"*Horsepower rating are for complete engine with GT40P Heads, Cobra Intake and Mass Air Meter, 65mm Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, shorty headers, and timing set to 14 degrees. "

and the rest of the ad is spelled right, why would one slip of a keystroke make you doubt the machine shop's engine work? for all we know the owner's wife coulda typed that up.

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HMMM...Lets see.
Eagle Crank, Eagle rods....
Lets see, Eagle only makes a forged 4340 crank for a standard stroke 302, and MSRP on that is 665.00
Eagle Cranks
Cheapest set of rods for a 302 is 265.00.
Eagle Rods
I'm sure jobber is less, but do you really think this has a 4340 crank in it? Plus, Eagle forged cranks are now internally balanced, so you'll need a new balancer and flywheel [Roll Eyes]
Speed Pro Cast, Hyper, or Forged pistons?
New "Mellings"? oil pump? (Melling, so another typo, or it doesn't really have one. although, they are cheap enough so....)
Also, what does "Supported by Ford Original Equipment engineering" mean?
and "*THIS ENGINE WAS DYNOED AT NORE THAN 350 HORSEPOWER.
*Horsepower rating are for complete engine with GT40P Heads, Cobra Intake and Mass Air Meter, 65mm Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, shorty headers, and timing set to 14 degrees. "
That is word for word out of the FRPP catalog for the GT-40 engine kit...
They didn't dyno one of theirs, I would bet you.....
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think you'll get what you pay for..

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by zpyro35:
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

you forgot the asterisk
"*Horsepower rating are for complete engine with GT40P Heads, Cobra Intake and Mass Air Meter, 65mm Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, shorty headers, and timing set to 14 degrees. "

and the rest of the ad is spelled right, why would one slip of a keystroke make you doubt the machine shop's engine work? for all we know the owner's wife coulda typed that up.

Would you entrust $750+ to a person that doesn't even spell-check their work? If they can't even double check their spelling what does that say about their machine work? "Oh I know I torqued that cap down to 70 ft/lbs, I don't have to check twice." [Roll Eyes]

That combo mightmake 350 on an engine dyno, but it will NEVER make those numbers at the wheels. They also took that pic and description from the FRPP catalog and they are on the other side of the U.S! What's a warrenty if they don't answer their phone?

It is NOT a good deal for an engine block, buy it somewhere local so if they fuck up you can bother them IN PERSON.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com