Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » "Miss Fire" engine code,,,why?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: "Miss Fire" engine code,,,why?
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A few days ago I was driving on the highway downhill and sudenly the check engine light came on,,I went to my mechanic's shop and the code was pulled,,it said "Miss fire",,what could have made that hapened?
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh I forgot,,he also just did a reset to the computer,,and the light did not turn on again.
Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year is your 'Stang?

Any car 1996 or newer, the OBD-II had a Misfire monitor, for emissions. My guess, it will come on again soon if it detects another misfire.

Basically, the car has to complete a full Drive Cycle, that's when all the sensors pass their tests and such while you're driving. Once this happens, if your computer detects another misfire, you'll get a code.

It's hard to diagnose without seeing the code, if it happens again, tell the mechanic not to just pull the battery and clear it, but find out which cylinder as well, then work from there.

Good luck!

Nick Radonich

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com