Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » QUESTION FOR BLOWER GUYS.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: QUESTION FOR BLOWER GUYS.
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just put a blower on my car. how do i keep the crankcase from spitting oil out the back. will a breather on the valve cover do it? thanx!

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need to run a crankcase vent for your car. I noticed when it was in for the dyno today your crankcase vent lines were capped off. Basically a line from the oil filler neck to the throttle body or back side of the blower inlet and also the line from the manifold to the pcv which you may already have but you need both the intake side for the crankcase and the vent side

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i need to put that connector tube back on from the tb to the oil fill.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah in most cases that will take care of the problem. Some higher boost cars need larger diameter hose since the crankcase becomes overly compressed do to the boost. Did you put the oil baffle/metal shield on the lower manifold? This is the shield that covers over the pcv opening. If not that will cause excess oil to spray out the pcv hole.
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

i dont think it has that or the screen. it blew the valve out of the hole when i looked at it. for some reason there is a lot of stuff not lined up anymore. on the way home the second time i tried to get on it again and threw both belts and ripped to shreds. ill have them both by tomorrow but i need to figure out someway to get all that stuff lined up right.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Oh man that sucks. Without that baffle bolted on the lower intake there will always be oil blowing out of that hole. The only fix is to remove the lower manifold and put that baffle on the underside. To check to see if it is there remove the pcv, pcv screen and look down the hole. If you can see the lifter valley that means the lower is coming off to put the baffle on. If you see a metal plate than the baffle is there. As far as the belt situation goes I imagine you'll have to ditch the march ac eliminater as the way you have it set up it will continue throwing belts. The blower belt should be ok as long as the belt is really tight. It may have been torn up do to the fan belt coming apart and flying into it. I'll try and look around for the old ford ac delete kit but like I said it is tough to come by these days since ford stopped producing it.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Fyi... the ac delete kit you need is the old ford motorsports delete kit which keeps the power steering pump in stock location and provides a new idler arm where the ac was.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much boost are you seeing and how much power did it make on the rollers?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

it saw 10 pounds. i hit 433hp and 413 torque at only 5500 rpm. thats where the injectors maxed out at i guess. i need to step up to 50's and i should see high 400's or MAYBE even low 5's. we'll see what happens. i couldnt believe the 42# werent enough

--------------------

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

ok i do have the baffle in there. you saw where i had the boost gauge hooked up to right. where should i put it instead cause right now its in the way of the tube from the oil fill to the tb. also i think i figured out why i kept throwing belts. my harmonic balancer was hella loose. i got a new blower belt coming tomorrow. tore it to shreds.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Take the hose off the throttle body for the boost gauge and tap the boost hose into the same hose as the bypass valve with a t-fitting. Wow good thing the balancer didn't fly off. That would have been bad.

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can run breathers on your valve covers oil filler neck and one small one in the back where the PCV valve is....

I had to do that on my 94, ran great afterwards and stoped sucking in the oil too..

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run breather on the valve covers and a turbo coupe pcv valve that has the one way check valve.

See told you not as much as me. [Razz]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
You can run breathers on your valve covers oil filler neck and one small one in the back where the PCV valve is....

I had to do that on my 94, ran great afterwards and stoped sucking in the oil too..

you can if you want the car to not be smog legal

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
quote:

Trust me that car ain't smog legal [Razz]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
quote:

How long does it take to change a PCV valve and an oil cap?...I'd rather have my car run better and take the chance and then switch it all back in 5 minutes for smog...
[Big Grin]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

steel tfs highports. [Razz]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

I'd rather run larger diameter hose, keep it smog legal and be done with it but i know you all like your pretty breathers [Razz] [Big Grin] Doesn't really matter though if the car isn't going to be smog legal anyways. If you don't run both the filler neck breather and the pcv breather you'll end up with un-metered air in the motor.

--------------------

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

FOSTANG- there aluminum- and how much hp does your car have?

--------------------

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by white1990stang:
it saw 10 pounds. i hit 433hp and 413 torque at only 5500 rpm. thats where the injectors maxed out at i guess. i need to step up to 50's and i should see high 400's or MAYBE even low 5's. we'll see what happens. i couldnt believe the 42# werent enough

There is something else wrong here. 42's are fine for the power level you're looking at. Sounds like you might have a fuel supply problem. What's the rest of your fuel system?
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
42lb injectors are plenty. Get rid of your stock fuel lines and rails
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

quote:
Originally posted by jph331:
42lb injectors are plenty. Get rid of your stock fuel lines and rails

[patriot]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it was a fuel delivery problem, it should have showed itself during the tune (leaning out in the upper RPMs).
You need to ditch the stock rails and lines if you want to make the numbers. Aeromotive makes an awesome fuel system. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com