Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » installed intake won't turn on

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: installed intake won't turn on
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
installed a performer intake manifold my self and now my car will not turn on. Any one have any ideas how i fu[K UP
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
turn on as in no electrical power or the car will not start? Did you drop the distributor in correctly?

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
turn on as in no electrical power or the car will not start? Did you drop the distributor in correctly

radio and window work. the car just will not start. i am pretty sure i put the distributor in correct, just make sure that little mark match up right?
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you can get the distributor back in the exact position if you marked it on the bottom and also on the rotor and also if the motor position was not changed during the swap. If you want to correctly do it bring the motor to top dead center for cylinder #1. To do this remove the #1 spark plug and turn the motor over till you feel air pushing out of the cylinder. This will put you close to top dead center for #1. Drop the distributor back in with the rotor face towards the #1 on your cap and than start the car up and set the timing.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info i will try tomorrow but think this is out of my hand
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

will i want my car running by saturday so if any one is willing to come check it out tomorrow i would pay them for their time and gas. just give me a pm.
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99% sure the distributor isnt put in right

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
180 out.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
99% sure the distributor isnt put in right

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

called shop to see how much they would charge to re-install my distributor, and the guy told me if that was the problem it should start but not run good. i am looking at $95 + towing
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
called shop to see how much they would charge to re-install my distributor, and the guy told me if that was the problem it should start but not run good. i am looking at $95 + towing

the car will not run with it like that!hopefully u can find someone in that area willing to do a side job.

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

fuck that. seriously, keep trying you'll get it, unless it something else.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

quote:
If you want to correctly do it bring the motor to top dead center for cylinder #1. To do this remove the #1 spark plug and turn the motor over till you feel air pushing out of the cylinder. This will put you close to top dead center for #1. Drop the distributor back in with the rotor face towards the #1 on your cap and than start the car up and set the timing.

i don't know what the rotor face looks like.

[ July 09, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: cees87drop ]

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man, i'll come and set your timing for you if you want, you dont have to pay me shit, just supply some nice cold water and pay my gas [Wink] ,i could swing by sat. around 4pm. just glad to help out. [patriot]
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
If you want to correctly do it bring the motor to top dead center for cylinder #1. To do this remove the #1 spark plug and turn the motor over till you feel air pushing out of the cylinder. This will put you close to top dead center for #1. Drop the distributor back in with the rotor face towards the #1 on your cap and than start the car up and set the timing.

i don't know what the rotor face looks like.
he means rotor pointed at #1 on the cap.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
hey man, i'll come and set your timing for you if you want, you dont have to pay me shit, just supply some nice cold water and pay my gas [Wink] ,i could swing by sat. around 4pm. just glad to help out. [patriot]

[worship] you da man!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
willing to help out.. let me know.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

quote:
Originally posted by WANARNM:
willing to help out.. let me know.

please give me a call at (408)705-3749,cesar [Big Grin]
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it takes 5 minutes, i'd do it for ya but i'm an hour away. whatever you do, dont take it to a shop [Smile]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

just wanted to thanks to every one, and Especially to Junior (WANARNM).
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
just wanted to thanks to every one, and Especially to Junior (WANARNM).
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

thats what cafords is about [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com