Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cobra "R" parts???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cobra "R" parts???
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where on earth can I find some Cobra "R" parts? Ford doesn't even show them in the computer, none of the parts stores have any part #s... if someone has a VIN # for an original Cobra "R" that might help as well.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rob has a Cobra r upper, you might ask him?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think he got that off Ebay, which doesn't have the radiator hoses I need.

Actually, if anyone knows where I can get the radiator hoses for an R, that's all I need. The bottom hose has a "Y" on it for the Degas bottle (96+ type overflow tank)

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford dealer?

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Green Valley didn't even show the R in their computer. TOE industries (FRPP dealer in Suisun) didn't show anything for the radiator hoses, just the degas bottle which I ordered.

Im waiting to talk to an FRPP tech on the hot line right now.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ok crap apparently (from the FRPP tech I spoke with) I have to fabricate the hoses I need. Ford only made enough parts for the 250 Rs they sold, with a few exceptions like the wheels, radiator, and degas bottle, to name a few. So my challenge now is to figure out how to fab a "T" or a "Y" into my lower radiator hose...

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
...Or, you can quit wasting your time and order the lower hose for a 93-95 F-150 Lightning (like mine [Wink] ) which has molded hoses in it already, due to the oil cooler being a factory item those years. 94-95 Cobra hoses are identical, just a shade shorter.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ahhh, sensei. The Grasshoppa learns yet more from the Master of Fords.

I didn't know Lightnings used the Degas setup though, thanks a bunch for the tip!

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

cheap
¯
Member # 858

John I called Autozone (who had them in stock, with and without oil cooler) and was told that neither branched off at all for the degas bottle. Was the tech retarded and looking at regular f-150 hoses? Is the lightning the only model that came with the degas bottle instead of a regular overflow tank?

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe try www.mustangparts.com they have a lot of specialty take off parts

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Good call, but they couldn't help me. I think I found a way to fab the hose I need.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The SVT Cobra guide has a list of the part numbers required, but looking at my car, it's a simple T-connector, and easy to fabricate.

As mentioned before, a number of parts were standard F150 Lightning bits.

I don't think many 95R owners would want to advertise their Vin numbers for security reasons.

Having said that, I am sure if you checked eBay you could find a Cobra R vin # or two !

PM me if you need any specific part numbers, as I have a copy of the SVT guide that details the R-specific parts.

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Thanks a bunch! Basically you came to the same conclusion I did. I'll be fabricating a T fitting similar to the lightnings.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com