Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » torque converter

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: torque converter
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently bought Team SOLO's 2800 Hughes converter for my Tbird. The Bird has ~160hp, ~280 ft/lbs, stock AOD, stock 7.5" rear w/ 2.73 gears. My uncle told me not to put it in w/ the stock engine and gears, because it wouldn't help anything, it would just make my gas mileage suck even worse than it is now. Anyone have any input on this? I didn't think that it would be a problem putting it in now...

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have a pm

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oops

[ July 03, 2004, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
no offense but... [Roll Eyes] hey, i'll take it from you this friday, pm me a price and will work from there. [Wink]

first, what's the rolleyes for? and take what from who?

[ July 03, 2004, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: zpyro35 ]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the [Roll Eyes] is for your uncle thinking that the converter will not benefit you, but its all in good fun [Wink] and if you wanted to sell it, i'd buy it, thats all. [Cool]
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

..so will it work? I'm going to eventually put in an HO and an 8.8 with at least 3.55s, but who knows how long that'll be. even if it wont work now, i'd still keep it til i could put it in

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

it'll definately work, but you'll benefit alot more if you have gears to go with it. with the stock rear gears, your car really wont start moving until you hit roughly 2000 rpm. basically, with the stock gears and the 3000 stall, you'll have to give it more gas to get going. but like i said, the sooner you get gears to go with it, you'll be like [Eek!] it'll make a big difference. put in the converter, i garauntee you will NOT be disappointed. [Smile]
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

well if I can ever find an 8.8 rear and gears and find the time to put the thing in, I'd be in business

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com