Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SMOG ???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SMOG ???
93Stang
¯
Member # 4549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Stang  Ford pictures for 93Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just found out that i have to smog at a test only place. does anyone know of one that doesnt really care about visuals.
Howdy
¯
Member # 3099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howdy  Ford pictures for Howdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Follow these steps ...

1) Go to the worst and desperate looking Test Only Smog cert shop.

2) Say "I have cash ... what will it cost to pass the test"

3) If they give you "the nod" and quote something that is clearly higher than the standard rate ($20-40 more), then you are at the right place.

4) Ask "does this price guarantee certification ?"

If they say "yes" to this last question, then you scored ... if not, repeat this at another Test Only place until successful.

This is designed to not fall into the category of bribery. All you were asking is "what does it cost". It is their decision to "cross the line" ... they are the emissions experts, not you.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com