Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hood adjusting?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hood adjusting?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you adjust your hood is its way off? I am putting on a Cobra R hood on my 95 GT and it has a huge gap on the passenger side and no gap on the driverside between the fender and the hood. Also it won't latch its so off. Is it the hinges that need adjusting or something else?
Dana

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOOSEN THE BOLTS ON THE HOOD TO ALIGN IT RIGHT
NOT HARD AT ALL
MAYBE 5 MINUTES OF WORK [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
LOOSEN THE BOLTS ON THE HOOD TO ALIGN IT RIGHT
NOT HARD AT ALL
MAYBE 5 MINUTES OF WORK [Whoo Whooooo!]

we tried that the hood wouldn't move, what about the hinges bolts that go into the body are they adjustable?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes sir [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
93Stang
¯
Member # 4549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Stang  Ford pictures for 93Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought the cobra r svo hood for my 93 and i have the same exact problem, big ass gap on the passenger side, if you figure something out let me know if it works , i just left it the way it was, i couldnt figure anythiing out
jay-vee
¯
Member # 2708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay-vee  Ford pictures for jay-vee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ther is alot of adjustment in the hinges at the cowl. if you take off the cowl cover off you can get to the 2 rear bolts with the hood closed so you can see how much you are moving the hood loosen the bolts, close hood, set gaps, tighten the rear bolts
jay-vee
¯
Member # 2708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay-vee  Ford pictures for jay-vee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for a fox body you should loosen the rear bolts on the hinges, push the hood over and tigthen it. its easier if you have a friend help push the hood over while you tighten the bolts, air tools help too. the hood can move alot so go a little at a time
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

ok awesome, i'll put my hood on for good this weekend and get it painted soon
thanks
Dana

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
yes sir [patriot]

thank you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've many of horror storys with some less reputable aftermarket companies hoods not lining up. I bought my cobra R hood from Ford Motorsport and it fits perfect.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com