Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » are these computer harnesses the same

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: are these computer harnesses the same
T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for T-Top Five-o  Ford pictures for T-Top Five-o  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 87 5.0 mustang speed density system. Will a 90 mustang computer harness fit on my mustang? Any customizing or is it a direct switch? I have the computer and mass air off the 90 and I was just wondering if it was an easy exchange.
Posts: 319 | From: San Jose, Ca. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a direct swap.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Top Five-o  Ford pictures for T-Top Five-o  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx [patriot] [dance] [burnout]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
It's a direct swap.

Are you sure John? [Confused] ...I know I had to change a few pins around on the factory SD harness when I switched from a SD to mass air computer...MAP and VSS are a few I can remember...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Top Five-o  Ford pictures for T-Top Five-o  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JohnB:
It's a direct swap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure John? ...I know I had to change a few pins around on the factory SD harness when I switched from a SD to mass air computer...MAP and VSS are a few I can remember...

Just wondering ... would I have to change a few pins around and slice MAP and VSS sensors to re-route to MAF if I'm using the harness off of a 90 5.0?
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are changing the entire computer harness over, why wouldn't it work? If you were just installing the MAF harness, that's one thing...

MAP is a no-brainer, you disconnect the vaccum hose and cap the feed line. VSS shouldn't change.

Again, if you are ONLY installing the computer and MAF harness, pins WILL need to be changed. If you are installing the ENTIRE EEC-IV harness, no changes.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

quote:
If you are changing the entire computer harness over, why wouldn't it work? If you were just installing the MAF harness, that's one thing...

MAP is a no-brainer, you disconnect the vaccum hose and cap the feed line. VSS shouldn't change.

Again, if you are ONLY installing the computer and MAF harness, pins WILL need to be changed. If you are installing the ENTIRE EEC-IV harness, no changes.

the MAF computer I have is for a automatic A9P off a 90 5.0 convert will that work for a five speed?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com