Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HELP-smog problem--Catalytic Converter???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP-smog problem--Catalytic Converter???
kenlani
¯
Member # 4503

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for kenlani  Ford pictures for kenlani    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Howdy all, well I have my 86 gt project runnin well and was gonna take it to smog, when I went to check underneath there is a shiny new H-pipe and no convertors!!!Anybody know what I should do? was there only two on the 86 gt? can I put on two from summit? is a H-pipe legal? can I block of the H ? Help, help thanks
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just put a pair of cats in there.Its perfectly legal.And its ok to replace the factory 4 cat setup with 2.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would ask somebody to borrow there stock h pipe, swap the two for the smog and once you pass put the off road h pipe(no cats) back on. the car sounds a lot better with the off road h pipe [Smile] but if you want the car to stay smog legal then just buy a hi flow h pipe w/ cats which will have two hi flow cats which is smog legal.

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are your headers aftermarket also?

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

kenlani
¯
Member # 4503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenlani  Ford pictures for kenlani    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yuhknow, Im not sure about the headers, I think they're stock, they pinch together at the head?
look kinda scrawny.---thanks for the advice, where on the pipes is a good place to put two high flow cats? back before the muffler or up by the headers? whats a good heat shield material?--thanks again

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com