Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 42 ibs injecters

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 42 ibs injecters
mysnakebyts
¯
Member # 4099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysnakebyts  Ford pictures for mysnakebyts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I have a 96 Cobra With kennebell supercharger and I just installed 42 ib injecters I am going to put a pro m mass air meter. Do I need to recalibrate my chip or can I just get away with the meter calibrated to what I have?

--------------------
rondezi

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would be better to recalibrate the chip...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really? I would think a Pro-M calibrated for his 42lb injectors would be the best way at this time. Reasoning that his current meter is stock, since he didn't say otherwise, which is 19lb injectors(?), and he's put on a supercharger. His stock meter is going to max out it's voltage at 515 CFM, which is 325 hp. If he pulls more air than that through the meter, it'll be pegged, and he could go lean. If he gets a meter calibrated for 42's, it max's the voltage out at 1139 cfm, which is 720 hp. You can't correct for a maxed out meter with a chip, as far as I know. Changing the meter shouldn't make that much difference to his chip, because it was burned for whatever injectors he has now, and the whole point of getting meters calibrated to the injectors was to avoid messing with the computer anyway. Ideally, though, I would do both. Input the MAF curve from the flowsheet that comes with the meter, and input the correct injector slopes for the injectors you have. (I use a Tweecer)
Just my thoughts....
Pro-flow's sheets are here

batman
¯
Member # 4595

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for batman  Ford pictures for batman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
VROOOOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOOM! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
VROOM VROOOM!

batman
¯
Member # 4595

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for batman  Ford pictures for batman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aye dawg I just got my aluminum drive shaft yesterday yo wanna help me hook it up bheeyaan! [burnout] [dance]

--------------------
VROOM VROOOM!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com