Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 30# injectors enough for s/c?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 30# injectors enough for s/c?
Cacksta
¯
Member # 4351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cacksta  Ford pictures for Cacksta    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK heres the deal. i have a Vortech s-trim set up for 8-9lbs of boost going on my 94gt. Motor is pretty much all stock except for exhaust. I have a 80mm maf for 30lb injectors and the 30lbers to boot. I also have a kirban afpr msd6btm waitin to go in to. Oh ya i have a 255lph pump installed too along with a new fuel filter.

My question: if i get a custom tuned chip with those 30s be good to go without that damned FMU. I hate FMUs lol. I want to get the car to run with the chip and the injectors, and i see alot of people supplying 30 lb injectors with their kits.

Any help plz thanks!

Posts: 61 | From: San Jose, ca | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With a relatively stock motor the 30's will be more than enough and you will not need to run an FMU.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't run 30's without a FMU. there is nothing wrong with FMU's as long as they are calibrated correctly. I ran 30/s with a FMU on my old HCI 302 and it worked great.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I wouldn't run 30's without a FMU. there is nothing wrong with FMU's as long as they are calibrated correctly. I ran 30/s with a FMU on my old HCI 302 and it worked great.

Why would an FMU be needed? All it's going to do is make the car run pig rich in the upper RPM's. 30# injectors can support 375rwhp without issue and a stock 5.0 mustang with 8-9psi is not going to make that much HP anyways.

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you are probably right. I just have seen a rash of people lately popping headgaskets buy going lean.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran 8 psi on my old set up with , heads and intake and no FMU with no problems, and a 190lph intank with no t rex. You will be fine. Just run colder sparkplugs and gap at .035

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

you are very lucky. extreamly lucky or you were making no horsepower. of course my SQ with a powerpipe and stock pully made 12pounds so maybe that makes a big difference.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

meetthedealer
¯
Member # 4555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for meetthedealer  Ford pictures for meetthedealer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a set of 42 lbs inj. im looking to get rid of them had a sale that never went down asking 250 or best offer will trade for performance parts
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was dynoed at 423rwhp with 11.6:1 air/fuel mixture, with no chip. A9L computer!

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Cacksta
¯
Member # 4351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cacksta  Ford pictures for Cacksta    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On 30lb'ers
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my recomendation i would run the fmu because your car is basically stock with a blower but if you have a built engine i would run a bigger inj. and a custom chip thats what i run and it works great 50lb. inj. with 12 pounds of boost and i have over 450rwhp. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Blownhatch
¯
Member # 167

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blownhatch  Ford pictures for Blownhatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
30#ers are too small for growth. Get some 42#ers and run it the right way. [Big Grin] do it right the first time.
Posts: 427 | From: Protected Witness | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Cacksta
¯
Member # 4351

Ok well now im told that ill see between 6-8psi on the pulleys i have. Im not going to turn that up for a bit, cause im gonna spend money elsewhere (suspension, traction, driveline). Im not going to need more power before those. Also i got about 100k and the block. So i guess the real ? is is the 30#s gonna be safe on a chip for just that lvl. The only other real mod i might make would be a power pipe. I dunno help lol!
Cacksta
¯
Member # 4351

Hmm looking at the kit, i dont have a bypass valve. Will i be needing one at 7-9psi? Would it be a good investment for me? Thanks!
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 30's on my blower set up and it's causing some low end drivability problems because aparently my fuel pump is to damn efficient to be lowered below 40 psi. [Frown]

and with the 30's with a basicly stock motor you need to run it at say 34-38 if not you'll wind up like me bogging around town if I don't rev it and let it idle.

Guess what's comming off. you guessed it the 30's and 24's are replacing them.

BTW it's a 190 pump.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by Cacksta:
Hmm looking at the kit, i dont have a bypass valve. Will i be needing one at 7-9psi? Would it be a good investment for me? Thanks!

A bypass valve would be a good idea at that boost level. Is the supercharger kit you have new or used?

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
I have 30's on my blower set up and it's causing some low end drivability problems because aparently my fuel pump is to damn efficient to be lowered below 40 psi. [Frown]

and with the 30's with a basicly stock motor you need to run it at say 34-38 if not you'll wind up like me bogging around town if I don't rev it and let it idle.

Guess what's comming off. you guessed it the 30's and 24's are replacing them.

BTW it's a 190 pump.

Your drivability problems are unrelated to the efficiency of your 190lph intank pump. Thousands of people run those pumps at 40psi or lower without issue. Your problems are probably o2 sensor or MAF sensor related.

--------------------

Big Kahuna
¯
Member # 4250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Kahuna  Ford pictures for Big Kahuna    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That bypass will help keep that s/c living longer, also help with idle quality =).

[ June 21, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Big Kahuna ]

--------------------
95gt almost stock! go me! at least its black woot!

Cacksta
¯
Member # 4351

What all is involved with the kit?

I take it i need a valve and an outlet from the discharge pipe dumping into the inlet pipe but behind the maf correct? Where do i get this stuff or what do i use? Thanks!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com