Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » spark plug wires w/ white?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: spark plug wires w/ white?
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im changing my spark plugs and a few of the plug wires that i pulled out have a white like powder shit all over the spark plugs and wires, the wires are steeda and were changed probably 10000 mu8iles ago. will i be ok if i clean them up and reinstall them with my new spark plugs? also what does the white stuff indicate? [Confused]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hit the wires up with an ohm-meter, I forget how much resistance you should read with both ends disconnected... I'll check the chiltons in a minute
the white shit could be a number of things, 1st thing that pops into my mind is corrosion.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
hit the wires up with an ohm-meter, I forget how much resistance you should read with both ends disconnected... I'll check the chiltons in a minute
the white shit could be a number of things, 1st thing that pops into my mind is corrosion.

Yup...by any chance did they come in contact with battery acid?

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think they did, only two of them looked like that, the rest were fine

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com