Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help, tranny!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help, tranny!
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
k i was in traffic just now and we came to a complete stop. i started to go in first gear and heared like scrating noises coming from my tranny. shifted to second fine but when i started to accelerate i heared the noises again, shifted to third same deal, then to forth and it quited down a little then when i got to fifth it went away. cruised home in fifth with no problem got off the freeway came to a stop light and same problem happen when i went back to first gear. what could it be. im think im going to get my tranmission fluid changed, maybe its low on oil. i have no idea, what do you guys think [Confused]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Either low on fluid, or your throwout bearing is on it's way out...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there a vibration in the clutch pedal when pressing the clutch?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
Is there a vibration in the clutch pedal when pressing the clutch?

if i recall correctly nope

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
change oil (FORD ATF) and hope for the best.

--------------------

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

i will...thanx [patriot]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

i ran my T5 low on oil and now it whines like a S.O.B. It whines in 1st and 2nd only though [Frown]

--------------------

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
i ran my T5 low on oil and now it whines like a S.O.B. It whines in 1st and 2nd only though [Frown]

mine whines pretty loudly too, but this noise is like scrating, like somthing its not running very smoothy. [Frown]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

lol, i dont know why, maybe they are twins and like to copy eachother [Smile]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

quote:
Originally posted by SpdDevl:
quote:
Originally posted by Sicc98GT:
lol, i dont know why, maybe they are twins and like to copy eachother [Smile]

LOL....tell my GT twin to stop acting like a cobra [Big Grin] J/K!
i will try but he will probably want to smoke you then [burnout] jk [Big Grin]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

just got rid of the trans oil that was in there and threw in some new oil, the guy made sure it was full and he said that it did seem a little low. on the way there, there was no noise and car was working fine. got it filled took the long route home and still no abnormal noises coming from the transmission, so im just going to hope it stays this way and that the problem was low on transmisson oil.

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com