Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » hp rebuild needed who can help?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hp rebuild needed who can help?
meetthedealer
¯
Member # 4555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for meetthedealer  Ford pictures for meetthedealer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just bought a engine that was ran with a super charger the head gaskets blwon. i want to rebuild the motor. any sugesstion on what to add or were to get the rebuild done? im located in the san mateo county .parts that are already in the motor
cobra upper /lower
e 303 cam
1.6 r.r
gt40 heads

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe have the heads machined to accept an 0-ring?

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bayshore racing engines [worship]

Bayshore Engine Rebuilders
301 Barneveld Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124

(415) 647-9575

[ June 07, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: chosen1 ]

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

meetthedealer
¯
Member # 4555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for meetthedealer  Ford pictures for meetthedealer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i belive the heads are o ringed. were is bayshore ?
meetthedealer
¯
Member # 4555

whats the price rang on the rebuild ?
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused]

...it depends on the parts you use and how much work you do yourself.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

meetthedealer
¯
Member # 4555

i dont want to do to much i just need all new gaskets and maybe rebuild the heads hope that helps
meetthedealer
¯
Member # 4555

what would it cost to install a strocker kit what should i go with 331 /347 will my car still pass smog ? what the goods and bads? any one!
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by meetthedealer:
what would it cost to install a strocker kit what should i go with 331 /347 will my car still pass smog ? what the goods and bads? any one!

Use the search function, this topic has been gone over a myriad of times. Bayshore racing engines is in San Francisco and they are the shit. My advice is call them and they'll tell you everything they can do. They are comparitively pricey but their motors run like no one's business, it is well worth the investment [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com