Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Headers....?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Headers....?
SIKKSTANG
¯
Member # 1210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKKSTANG  Ford pictures for SIKKSTANG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking for a place to get headers from and will install. Can you guys suggest any places... I know of a few but just wanna know whats out there and what prices they might be asking for ... I have a 2001 GT and I'd possible be interested in shortie headers... Thanx Fellas...

-Alex

--------------------
Burn rubber on you quick as hell, you need some toilet paper don't shit on yourself...
sikkstang.tripod.com

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy the headers from somwhere like summitracing.com and then take them to a shop for installation. Unless the shop wants you to buy headers from them, you will get a better deal though summit. There is a smog shop/performance shop that will install headers and such here in Fairfield. I know for a fact that they won't give you any greif about the headers either. It isn't a "hook up" but they do good work and like performance vehicles when they roll through. So no problems like, "I can't install that..."

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't waste my time and money for shortie headers on a 01 GT...I think they're worth about 5-7rwhp...Shortie headers are smog legal though, but long tubes are way more beneficial...

Try Apex(Santa Clara), BigBoyRacing(Fremont) or maybe someone from cafords if you need some work done on your Stang... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SIKKSTANG
¯
Member # 1210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKKSTANG  Ford pictures for SIKKSTANG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanx for the input... so if i get long tubes then I'll need to take them off before I get smogged?

--------------------
Burn rubber on you quick as hell, you need some toilet paper don't shit on yourself...
sikkstang.tripod.com

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIKKSTANG:
Thanx for the input... so if i get long tubes then I'll need to take them off before I get smogged?

Yes, or else you will fail the visual inspection.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that and long tubes may not go in/out as easy as u think im not too famillar with the newer body style but it may require raising the motor to get them in!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
that and long tubes may not go in/out as easy as u think im not too famillar with the newer body style but it may require raising the motor to get them in!

Exactly the LT's on the 4.6's are a bitch, not the funnest Header job out there.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

DB3
¯
Member # 4097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DB3  Ford pictures for DB3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I would have to agree you wont see any real benefits from going with headers unless long tubes. They always leak ecspecially if your cars lowered plus the going rate for a shop to install headers is a grip my friends shop want like 500.00 for the install plus you buy the headers. I put some headers on a old girl friends SN95 shortie BBKs and they where a pain in the ass and they leaked constantly plus really there wasnt much to be felt power wise at least from what I could tell, but her car is an AODE car so you really cant tell with only 5-7 horses.
Posts: 34 | From: Cali, Citrus Heights | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com