Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Bassani O/R x pipe 'issue'

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bassani O/R x pipe 'issue'
AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so i bought a used O/R x pipe for my 90 LX with an AOD. The seller said that the unit came off of an 88GT with an AOD but there is one problem I'm having. The air tube coming out of the x pipe hits the lip of the trannsmission pan when we try to mount it. After much effort, we decided that the x pipe will NOT go on the car at all as long as that air tube stays where it is [Mad] Anybody got any suggestions on what to do or where I can go to have that tube relocated on the pipe? Somebody help! I really don't want to put the stock H back on there [Frown]

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you tried hacking off the air tube until it is about 3-5 inches and then running a heat resistant rubber hose around the pan? All the tube is for is smog and I have jimmy rigged that tube so many different ways, I am sure this way would work. Be creative and you will figure it out. Don't worry about what it looks like, just make it work [Smile]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, right now the tube is already hacked a bit. when i bought the pipe the tube was already about 3" long, crimped and welded shut. I cut off a half inch or so so that I could connect it with the silicone tubing i have. The problem is that the little nub of tubing thats there wants to go right into the tranny pan. Picture the bottom of a fox mustang with an AOD. Right in the middle of the passenger side lip where all the bolts that hold the pan are, is where that tube wants to go. I used to have a bassani 2 cat pipe on there and the air tube was like a whole 12 or 18 inches further back. It's like everthing would be fine cept for that damn little tube is too far forward [Mad]

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn dude... Sounds like you may have to re-locate that thing. That sucks because whoever you bought it from sure did a hell of a job screwing it up. Good luck

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com